5-Week Class: March 2, 9, 14, 23, and 30
Wednesdays at 7:15pm
Slim down for Spring.
February is a time for new beginnings, and the perfect time to set your intentions for the coming year. Whether you have been holding onto extra weight for years, are looking to lose those extra holiday cookie pounds, or simply want to commit to renewing your health in the New Year, this class is for you.
Each class in this 5-week series focuses on a different contributor to weight gain, and how you can use nutrition to overcome each. You will work with a nutritionist to design a diet plan based on your individual goals and needs.
Also included in each session will be a unique workout designed specifically for you by an AFFA-certified personal trainer.
In the first half of class you will exercise your mind, taking a deep dive into nutrition and wellness, while the second half will exercise your body. You can come dressed to sweat, or simply observe the routine and learn the techniques that you will take home with you.
At the end of this class series, you should have a better understanding of the complex factors involved in weight management, as well as the tools you need to achieve and maintain a healthy weight long term.
What tone do you want to set for yourself in 2016?
- Discuss different weight loss diets and complexity of weight gain, HIIT
- Set intentions, take starting measurements
- Diet overview and preparation
- Explanation of HIIT and its importance in weight loss
- Role of toxins in weight gain, circuit training
- Discuss ways to reduce exposure to environmental toxins
- Upper and lower body circuit training routine
- Stress, sleep, and emotional eating, circuit training
- Discuss role stress and sleep play in weight management, ways to manage cravings
- Learn strategies to overcome sugar cravings, discuss supplementation
- Role of microbiome in weight management, plyometrics
- Discuss role of gut health in weight management
- Pre and probiotics, fermented foods
- Upper and lower body plyometric workout
- Maintenance of weight loss, plyometrics
- Discussion strategies to prevent weight regain
- Establish a dietary plan for long-term weight maintenance
- Take final measurements