There are many great books and websites that I am happy to recommend. Here are a few of my favorites…
consumerlab.com This group reports the results of independent quality testing on dietary supplements. It provides useful information for the consumer regarding quality testing, recalls, FDA warnings, etc.
drweil.com A leading resource for healthy living based on integrative medicine philosophy.
foodpolitics.com Marion Nestle, an authority on the science and politics of food.
ewg.org Environmental Working Group, a not-for-profit group which works to protect public health and the environment, useful resources such as Skin Deep and Guide to Pesticides.
oceansalive.org Oceans Alive, a great place to learn about healthy and sustainable seafood choices.
momskitchenhandbook.com Mom’s Kitchen Handbook, raising Fresh-Food kids in a French Fried world. A fun approach to family nutrition, with recipes and nutrition tips.
101cookbooks.com A combination of healthy, natural food recipes and entertaining blog by Heidi Swanson.
oldwayspt.org Oldways is an internationally respected non-profit food issues think tank with great information of the Mediterranean diet
- Eight Weeks to Optimum Health and Eating Well for Optimum Health —Andrew Weil, MD
- The China Study: Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-Term Health —T.Colin Campbell, PhD
- Please Don’t Label my Child: Break the Doctor-Diagnosis-Drug Cycle and Discover Safe, Effective Choices for Your Child’s Emotional Health —Scott M. Shannon, MD
- Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder —Richard Louv
- Life Over Cancer: The Block Center Program for Integrative Cancer Treatment —Keith I. Block M.D.
- What to Eat: Guide to sensible food shopping and healthy eating and Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health —Marion Nestle
- Coming to Our Senses and Wherever you Go, There you are —Jon Kabat Zin